Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What am I DOING?!

Despite everything, I have been won over by the most unlikely pet.


Meet the Calydonian Boarcupine, my official pet of the beta.

Calydonian began life as a joke tame, thanks to pet sizes being bugged out.  I absolutely had to tame the super-tiny Lo'Shall.


Even then, he was trying to win me over.  Look at that tiny "rar!"  We ran a few battlegrounds, Caly hiding beneath the army of bugged beasts from Call Beast (now Dire Beast).  He survived more than Orpheus or Arachne, who were both showing up in their quite large wild sizes.

Sadly, the bug was fixed, and I let my little Calydonian Boar go.  But not even an hour later, I saved a red porcupine from a vicious tiger.  Since porcupines are currently showing up in the boar family, it seemed natural to name this little guy Calydonian, even though he was a porcupine.  Hence the Calydonian Boarcupine.


This of course was a mistake of the adorable variety.

I found myself charmed by the little guy even more than I had been when he was a boar, which was surprising, since I didn't think porcupines were especially cute from their model.  Upon further reflection, I realized that the porcupines were more attractive at a larger size than Caly's original boar form.  Plus I've always had a soft spot for this particular shade of red in WoW models.  If I could tame a shoveltusk, it would be this color.  Except...the porcupines are cuter than the shoveltusks due to their size.  They even shrink significantly from their wild form:


And when compared with wild porcupine critters, well...


It's pretty clear I was destined to be a goner from the beginning.  Since I'm still done with MMOs, this has all been very distressing.  But I'm going to enjoy every minute we have together regardless!  Hence, random photos:

With the new clefthoof minipet, making them both look even cuter.
That is one stompy little clefthoof, for the record!

Porcupaddlin'

Fishing.  Sorta.

Calling it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment